I’m Vivian McGrath, a successful television Executive Producer. I tell other people’s stories in documentaries for major British, US and Australian TV networks. Now I’m ready to tell my own. It’s a story many of my colleagues don’t even know about me.
I was just 22 and seven months pregnant the day my Ex nearly killed me. He squeezed his hands tightly around my throat, his eyes fixed in a cold, murderous stare. A voice cried out. It was mine, but it wasn’t me. A horrific rasping sound, squeezed out on my final desperate breaths of air, was begging him for my life. I thought I was about to die that day.
When I found the courage to leave that destructive relationship, I walked out with nothing but my baby and what could fit in my car. I had to rebuild my life as a single mother. It was one of the darkest, toughest times
of my life.
But that’s just a small part of my story. Yes, I’m a survivor of domestic violence. But I’m not defined by it. The more important part of my story is its happy ending. How I went from being a victim to a survivor. From a survivor to a success story. Forging success in life, love and my career.
The power to change it was within me all along. You have that power to rewrite your story as well.
I guess you’re here because you feel – or have felt – like I once did:
- Unsure if you’re even in an abusive relationship?
- Confused by mixed signals you’re getting: one minute they say they love you, the next hurt you?
- You’re just hoping and wishing they would change?
- Your head says to leave, but your heart begs you to stay?
- You’ve left an abusive relationship, but struggling to cope with the pain?
- Trying to make sense of what happened and why?
- You’re wondering why you always pick the wrong partners? The ones who are no good for you?
- Scared of trusting again? Fearful of dating again?
I know your pain. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Join me for Start with Me: Survivor to Staying Strong — my online video course on how to get over an abusive relationship or narcissist.
The full details are here, but let me show you just a couple of the things I’ve packed into course:
In START WITH ME: Survivor to Staying Strong I’ll show you how to get over a controlling or abusive relationship, even when you still love them and feel the intense pull back to them. How to stay strong so that you can:
- deal with the pain of withdrawing from a controlling or abusive relationship
- thaw out after being numb for so long (as a means to survive)
- understand why we are attracted to abusive types and stay
- understand why we feel sorry for our abuser
- understand why we have such low self-esteem and how to heal it
- stay strong when the pull back to them is so intense
- break the cycle and unhealthy addiction to them
- learn how to forgive yourself and / or them and move on
- learn how to trust again
- avoid going back to them or into another abusive relationship
- stay strong and take your first steps towards living the life you love
This is the second in my online video course series that I’ve designed especially for you. So that you can go from Victim to Survivor. From Survivor to Staying Strong. And from Survivor to finding Success in all aspects of your life, career and long-term healthy love.
In the first of this series Start with Me: Victim to Survivor — how to change your mindset from Victim to Survivor, without expensive counselling, in just 4 weeks — we looked at:
- how to know if you’re in an abusive relationship
- how to listen to and read your gut instincts
- how the cycle of abuse works and leads you into an unhealthy addiction to an abusive partner.
- the tactics narcissists use to manipulate you and how to step off the merry-go-round and not be controlled by them.
- the warning signs that an emotionally abusive relationship might turn physically violent.
- the danger signs a physically abusive relationship could become fatal.
- how to decide if the relationship is good enough for you
- how to walk away safely.
I know for a fact that taking my Start with Me courses will open your eyes to where you are now. And start laying the foundational awareness within you to help you create the life you want. Imagine going from fearful victim to empowered survivor? Staying strong and finding freedom? Don’t wait. Start now. You deserve it.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.